Located between 22°O' N and 96°30' E in Pyin Oo Lwin Town of Mandalay Division.
Year of Establishment
Established in 1915
- Yangon via Mandalay to Pyin Oo Lwin, 472 miles by car.
- Yangon to Mandalay, 400 miles by air and Mandalay to Pyin Oo Lwin, 42 miles by car.
- To serve as a recreation center for the public.
- To carry out educational activities related to conservation of trees and forests so that people will become interested and appreciate the values of trees and flowers.
- To assist botanists and researchers with their studies.
- To collect and reproduce rare and endangered plant species for their perpetual existence, conduct research activities and assist the development of eco-tourism industry.
- Forest trees (big species) : about 344 species. Total number of trees : about 5000.
- Indigenous orchids : 42 species.
- Rose : 25 species.
- Crinum amoenum (land lily): 6 species.
- Natural Forest Area : 42 acres.
- Inland indigenous birds (resident forest birds), reptiles, small mammal species and insects are present.
Conservation, Development and Research Programmes
- Conservation of trees already planted.
- Additional planting of tree species, which are ecologically adaptable.
- Maintenance and improvement of completed landscaping activities with advanced technology.
- Implementation of educational programmes in environment and nature conservation.
Opportunities for Study and Recreation
- Study and research activities relating to Botany.
- Rest and recreation.